Traveling with Pets
Elite Airways does not accept animals for shipment in the cargo hold. Elite Airways will accept, for an extra charge, small vaccinated domestic cats and dogs for transportation in the customer cabin under the following conditions:
- Only one pet per customer and carrier is permitted, pet cannot be removed from the carrier during transit.
- The animal is harmless, inoffensive, odorless, and requires no attention during transit.
- The pet is at least eight (8) weeks old
- The carrier must be leak-proof, well ventilated and specifically designed to transport pets.
- The carrier may be no larger than 17" long x 8" high x 16" wide. The pet must be able to stand up and move around the carrier with ease
- The carrier must be able to fit underneath the seat in front of the customer traveling with the animal.
Passenger may purchase a ticket for larger dogs. This purchase will allow the dog the floor space in front of the vacant seat. Dog must be on a leash, remain clear of the aisle occupying floor space in front of window seat. Dogs are not permitted in seats.
Reservation and payment information:
- Passengers traveling with small pet animals will be assessed a $100 per pet fee each way
- Pets are not allowed on international flights
- Reservations are made at least 48 hours before departure
- Pets are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached
- Pet fees are refundable. If a reservation is cancelled or a flight is cancelled and the customer chooses not to rebook, contact Elite Airways at 1-877-393-2510.
- Pets may not travel with Unaccompanied Minors
Day of travel information:
- Small pets must be checked in at the airport ticket counter in the approved size pet carrier.
- Pets must be secured in the pet carrier at all times, from time of check-in, in gate area, during boarding/deplaning, and for the entire duration of the flight. Failure to follow this requirement may result in denial of transportation of the pet onboard Elite Airways.
- Passengers travelling with a pet may not sit in the emergency exit row or any bulkhead row (row with no forward under-seat stowage)
- In the event the animal exhibits disruptive or aggressive behavior, during check in, at the gate or on aircraft prior to departure owner will be asked to deplane with the pet. Passenger will be accommodated on another flight, or given a full refund. Examples of disruptive behavior include (but are not limited to):
- Scratching, excessive whining or barking
- Growling, biting, lunging
- Urinating or defecating in the cabin
- If the pet becomes ill during the flight, oxygen or other first aid procedures will not be administered
- In the event of an emergency, an oxygen mask will not be available for the pet
- Elite Airways assumes no liability for the health or well-being of pets.
Note: Pet carriers are considered either a personal item or a carry-on item. A customer may board the aircraft with either a pet carrier and a personal item or a pet carrier and a regular sized carry-on bag.